Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Artist Highlight: ShaqIsDope

I reached out to ShaqIsDope through Soundcloud & email:


Shaquille B, better known as ShaqIsDope from Soundcloud, has recently been shouted-out by The Daily Loud (@DailyLoud). The number of times his tracks have been played and streamed are easily creeping into the tens of thousands. This emcee comes from a home based in Downtown Toronto:

"I’m from Downtown Toronto, and yes my surroundings help shape my music. I use real life situations from my day to day experience- I want to show the world [Downtown Toronto] is more than a shopping district."

You can follow Shaq on Twitter @ShaqIsDope and on Instagram @ShaqIsDope, respectively.


 Wraith Dreamz

(Wraith Dreamz)  


 Off The Ground (Prod. By Pitt Tha Kid)

(Off The Ground Prod. by Pitt Tha Kid)


Wraith Dreamz is available for purchase from iTunes as well as for streaming from Soundcloud. Off The Ground is available for streaming from Soundcloud.


Q & A With ShaqIsDope



Musically speaking, who or what inspires you?

At first it was Big Pun, he was big and still and inspiration to me but growing up in my neighborhood really shape me and my artistry as well.


How and when did you get into music?

I can’t really remember when I started. Around 16-17, I started recording music seriously.



What is your greatest weakness as an artist? On the flip, what is your greatest strength?

I think being from Toronto is my weakness, the Canadian music industry its nothing compare to the states. Its all a learning process for me, I can’t really say, but I can say my words are very inspirational to others.



Where do you see yourself in 5 years time with your music?

Hopefully out the hood.


What projects are you currently working on?

I can’t really say, [I've] been working on this Black Frames project for almost 2 years now but [it]  still aint coming out the way I want. I plan to keep recording & making tweaks as I go. I really [want to] give the fans a solid body of work.



If you could collaborate with any artist- who would it be?

I would love to work with Kanye West, I know its sound cliché but I think what Kanye can bring the best out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment