Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Artist Highlight: chï

I reached out to chï through Twitter & email:


Chï (Soundcloud & Twitter) frequently blesses hot tracks that are bred in Richmond, however, her very own project(s) are dropping soon:


"These two EP's have been my brain child the past few months. I'm really excited for them because I feel like it shows a more mature side to my production skills, as well as writing skills."

You can follow chï on Twitter: @musicbychi and on Instagram: @neck_uhh, respectively.



 memories





Beach Haus ii is available for streaming as well as download through Soundcloud. Memories is available for streaming through Soundcloud.


Q & A With chï



Musically speaking, who or what inspires you?

[...] I listen to everything from folk to Korean pop music, so I have a wide pool of genre's that [I take inspiration from]. In terms of who inspires me, I would definitely say my friends. [...They] make me want to do better, to produce better, to sound better because I don't feel like I'm on their level yet. Of course everyone has artists that they draw inspiration from, but I honestly do love the music that my friends make more, [...] I can see the hard work and emotion they put into to producing their work.


How and when did you get into music?

I started making music last year around July. I wrote and produced the most basic song ever called LVEGME which has now been removed from my Soundcloud (lol). [...] I started making legit music around [5-6 months ago]. [At that point I started,] to take production a bit more seriously.



Where do you see yourself in 5 years time with your music?

In 5 years, I want to still be making music, for a bigger audience. I'm pretty lowkey right now, but I kinda like [being lowkey] because when I drop my stuff I want people to be like "WHO IS THISS!?" you know lolol.



Where are you from- and do you draw insertion from your surroundings?

My parents are from Nigeria but I was born and raised in Chesterfield VA. It's pretty much suburbia around here so there isn't much inspiration. I think when I go to Richmond I'm always around super artistic people so I gather inspiration there and bring those positive thoughts and feels back with me to suburbia. My favorite place to "become inspired" I guess would be the river. Texas Beach has really fantastic areas where it's just rocks and some running water. I would just sit in nature for hours and usually will come up with some kind of new idea while I'm out there.

What are you currently working on?

I'm trying to drop two EP's this year, or [an EP at the end of 2015 and another in the beginning of 2016; both titles I. Dreamz and II. Nightmarez, respectively]. [...]I also love how [I. Dreamz and II. Nightmarez] are completely different from one another. Dreamz is more ambient/chill, with some trappy beats; Nightmarez is super trappy and electronic, I'm so excited to let people hear it! [...] I will be dropping a single soon just to give people a lil something to listen to. It's a cover of a MNLV song, but it's a more slowed down sultry version lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment